Climate Design Is a Great Place to Work!
Why? Because we are passionate about what we do. At Climate Design, we get the chance to make people’s lives a little better every day, one air conditioning and heating unit at a time. It’s our team that makes this possible.
- Service Technician
- Installation Technician
We are always seeking passionate and talented people. We can’t wait to meet you and see if we are a good match for each other!
The service technician is required to have the following qualifications:
- Ability to read and interpret writing diagrams and blueprints.
- Be familiar with a wide range of equipment and troubleshooting techniques.
- Have experience making “repair and replace” decisions.
- Advanced customer service skills.
- Possess, or willing to acquire, NATE certification.
- Demonstrate willingness to accept responsibility and leadership roles.
- Knowledge of air-balancing principles and techniques.
- Field work experience.
Climate Design service technicians duties, roles and responsibilities include:
- Provide hand and power tools.
- Troubleshoot equipment, make repair and replace decisions.
- Perform air balance with velometer or hood and recognize when and what problems exist from the test.
- Layout, design and install low voltage wiring.
- Verify and coordinate HVAC building code compliance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Clearly communicate the ideas and explanations of problems to customers and coworkers.
- Train, instruct and supervise other employees as instructed.
- Assist clients with preventative maintenance agreement enrollment.
- Calculate equipment efficiency.
- Converse with building owners, homeowners, and general contractors, referring questions and/or problems to supervisor.
- Maintain professional appearance and attitude at all times.
- Run after-hours calls as required.
The basic function of the installation technician (mechanic) is to properly install residential/commercial HVAC equipment assigned to him/her by the Installation Manager. They are responsible for maintaining the quality of their work up to acceptable company standards and for representing the company in a manner that promotes positive customer relations.
Climate Design installation technicians are required to have the following qualifications:
- Good mechanical ability.
- EPA certification, or be working towards NATE certification.
- Ability to represent Climate Design in a professional manner with customers, vendors, staff and the general public.
- Must have required tools.
- Work well under pressure.
- Must have valid drivers’ license and a good driving record.
- Ability to handle difficult customer issues.
- Adaptability – the ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and handle frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Good communicator – works well with different customers and office personnel personality styles.
- Ability to direct and train helpers as required.
The installation technicians duties, roles, and responsibilities include:
- Install equipment properly the first time at a customer’s location.
- Be neat and clean at all times, keeping the truck and equipment the same.
- Attend all training classes and seminars to maintain qualifications.
- Adhere to proper procedures in the use of paperwork (work order, return material tags, etc.).
- Take direction regarding scheduling from installation manager.
- Keep the Installation Manager informed at all times as to your location.
- Fulfill all field work requirements, see jobs through to completion and resolve any issues.
- Ensure thoroughness and accuracy on all paperwork completed in the field.
- Promptly turn in all paperwork to the office.
- Monitor and maintain all minimum required stock on truck at all times.
- Complete tasks as requested by the Operations Manager or CEO
A Climate Design plumber is required to have the following qualifications & experience:
- At least five years of experience.
- A valid driver’s license.
- A positive attitude
- A good rapport with customers.
- A clean drug screen.
- All required hand tools.
At Climate Design, we value our team of passionate and hardworking employees, which is why we offer generous benefits for each of our team members. As a Climate Design employee, here are some of the benefits you’ll receive:
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- Commissions available
- Generous yearly bonuses available
- Savings programs
- Vacation time accrued
- Paid holidays
- Top-notch safety equipment
- Employee Stock Ownership programs
We Value Diversity
Climate Design supports workplace diversity. We do not discriminate on the base of race, religion, color, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class in employment matters.
How To Apply
Do you think you would be a good fit for our fun and dynamic team? We would love to hear from you. Follow the simple steps below to apply for any available position.
- Familiarize yourself with what we do by reviewing our website at ClimateDesign.com
- Send us a PDF of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org