Long gone are the days of traditional thermostats. Now there are many thermostat options on the market that allow homeowners to fine tune their home’s temperature to their personal liking. Amongst these modern thermostats are programmable thermostats.
In today’s environmentally-conscious world, there are a million ways you can live a little greener. One of the simplest ways you can do so is with a programmable thermostat. Not only can a programmable thermostat save energy, but it can cut your energy costs in the process — a win-win, right?
Learn everything you need to know about programmable thermostats and how they can help you cut energy costs.
What is a Programmable Thermostat?
A programmable thermostat is sort of like a traditional thermostat but with a lot more options.
Programmable thermostats are designed to allow homeowners to adjust the temperature according to various programmed settings, which will take effect throughout the day.
For example, let’s say that you have a busy schedule that keeps you away from your home for most of the day. A programmable thermostat would allow you to automatically schedule the thermostat to kick on while you’re at home, but turn off while you’re gone, without you having to remember to do so.
This means that programmable thermostats aren’t just for convenience—they can ultimately save energy, which means a lot of saved money for you.
How Do Programmable Thermostats Work?
Programmable thermostats are similar to manual thermostats, just with more bells and whistles. While manual thermostats are used by switching the device on and setting the dial to the temperature you want your home to be, programmable thermostats do this and more.
Programmable thermostats are designed to allow users to adjust the temperature to various programmed settings, which take effect at a scheduled time. For example, you could program it so your air conditioner will kick on or off automatically at a predetermined time. This ultimately allows you to program your thermostat around your lifestyle.
8 Benefits of Programmable Thermostats
Programmable thermostats offer numerous benefits to homeowners, such as:
1. Save money. One of the biggest advantages of a programmable thermostat is the money you’ll save. Because your thermostat will only be programmed to run at specific times, you’ll inevitably use less energy.
2. Use less energy. Thanks to its customizable settings, a programmable thermostat will help you use less energy.
3. Automatically adjust the temperature. Instead of letting the AC run for hours while no one’s home, you can use a programmable thermostat to automatically adjust the temperature when you’re not at home. This is a great option for busy homeowners who spend part of the day out of their home.
4. Flexible schedule. On the other hand, you can also program the thermostat to turn on a few minutes prior to your arrival.
5. Decreased electric bills without sacrificing comfort. You’ll have saved energy and money throughout the day, but you’ll still get to come home to a cool, comfy house!
6. Be more environmentally friendly. Programmable thermostats are designed to use less energy. Less energy means less stress on the earth. In addition to cutting energy costs, using a programmable thermostat will also help you be environmentally friendly, and you’ll get to enjoy a comfort-controlled home.
7. Worry less. You won’t have to remember to set the thermostat yourself during busy mornings—a programmable thermostat has got you covered.
8. Come home to a perfectly cooled or warm home. While some people set their traditional thermostats to an energy saving setting while they’re not home, when they do come home, they won’t have the inconvenience of waiting for their home to cool down or warm up.
Call the Professionals at Climate Design For Your Thermostat Needs
If you think a programmable thermostat is right for your lifestyle and your home, contact the professionals at Climate Design today. Our trained technicians can discuss all of your thermostat options and help you select the best thermostat for your home and your personal needs.
To learn more about the different thermostat options available, and for all of your HVAC needs, be sure to call Climate Design.
Call (888) 572-7245 to schedule your appointment