HVAC systems are one of the most expensive appliances you’ll purchase for your home, so it’s important to know what you’re getting! There are numerous kinds of heating and cooling systems so it’s imperative to do your research and pick one that suits your lifestyle. Choosing an AC system doesn’t have to be scary! Today we’ll look at central air conditioner vs. ductless systems so you can determine which one is right for you.
Central Air Conditioning Systems
Central air conditioning systems are split between an indoor and outdoor unit or cabinet that houses a compressor, condenser coil, and an evaporator coil. The outside components work to pump refrigerant throughout the system and remove any heat or moisture from inside and pump it out. Central AC systems contain a system of ducts in which the air travels through to reach different rooms in your home or business.
Benefits of Central Air Conditioning
- They can cool an entire home or business simultaneously.
- Central AC systems are more cost-efficient than window units.
- They provide increased indoor air quality by removing moisture and potential mold and bacteria.
- Central air conditioners are relatively noiseless compared to other types of systems.
- Central AC can increase a home’s resale value.
- The system may improve the health of those who live in the home by filtering the air.
- Central AC systems are typically less expensive than ductless systems.
Ductless HVAC Systems
Similar to central air conditioning systems, ductless systems have a split design without the ductwork. Like central AC units, ductless systems run refrigerant from the outside units to the indoor units which are mounted on either a wall or ceiling.
Benefits of Ductless Air Conditioning
- Ductless systems give you more flexibility because you can choose where you want to install them in your home.
- Your energy bills may be lower since you can choose which rooms you want to heat or cool.
- Ductless systems use less energy than central AC systems because the air doesn’t have to travel through an intricate network of ducts before it reaches a room.
- Although ductless systems are more expensive than central AC systems, they may save you more money in the long run by cutting energy costs.
- Installing a ductless air conditioning system is quick and simple.
Whatever system you choose to heat and cool your air, make sure to contact your local professional technicians from Climate Design for all your air conditioning needs. We want you and your home to feel comfortable year round, so if you’re still not sure what system is best for you, contact Climate Design today.