If your air conditioner is older than you are, it’s probably time to upgrade. AC systems are one of the most expensive appliances you’ll invest in, so making sure you know when to upgrade your system could save you time and money.
My AC Seems to Work OK…Do I Need to Upgrade?
Even if your system runs fine, it may not be working as efficiently as an upgraded system would. If your air conditioning falls into any of the following on this list, you should consider an upgrade.
- You constantly have to repair your air conditioner.
Sure, you’re good with repairs, but enough is enough! If your AC is breaking down and in need of repair, more times than not, it’s time to upgrade.
- Your bills are sky high.
Paying attention to your energy bills is important. If your energy bills seem to be steadily increasing, there’s a good chance it could be your air conditioner’s fault. No matter how many tips and tricks you employ to reduce your energy costs, if your system is old, it’s not going to be efficient. Upgrade!
- You’re never comfortable in your home.
Why pay for AC if it never makes your home comfy? An old air conditioning system won’t be able to cool your home or dehumidify it, so if you’re sweating while reading this—upgrade.
- Your AC is older than you.
Unless you’re a 9-year-old homeowner, if your AC is older than you, it’s definitely time to upgrade your system. A general rule of thumb is you should replace your system if it’s more than 10 years old.
Benefits of Upgrading Your AC System
There are numerous benefits to upgrading your air conditioning system! Here are a few:
- Money: Simply put, you’ll save money by upgrading your AC system. While it may seem like a costly investment, you’ll be saving in the long run by lowering your energy bills.
- Dust free: Newer AC systems are more efficient at improving the air quality of your home. Those with allergies will thank you.
- Custom settings: New air conditioning systems have modern thermostats that allow you to adjust the settings to your lifestyle. For example, if you spend most of your day at work, you can adjust the temperature to automatically rise while you’re gone. This means less energy is used and less money you have to spend!
Finding an AC Professional
If you’ve decided it’s time to upgrade your air conditioning system, it’s important to choose the right air conditioning professionals. The team at Climate Design can help you with every step of the process, from choosing the right system to installation. We’ll take the time to discuss your options so you can choose the system that best fits your lifestyle! If you’d like to read more about choosing the right kind of heating and cooling system, call Climate Design today.