Air Conditioner Not Dehumidifying?
Floridians are no strangers to humidity. The Sunshine State can frequently see humidity levels near 100%… yikes. Needless to say, if your air conditioning system is cooling your home but doesn’t seem to be removing the moisture, your home’s comfort level could drastically decrease.
What Causes Humidity in My Home?
There are a few reasons why you air conditioning unit may not be removing the humidity from your home, but here are some of the most common reasons:
- The AC unit is too large: If your air conditioner’s compressor unit is too big, it may be cooling your home too quickly. While this might not seem like a problem, if your home is cooled too quickly, your dehumidifier may not be able to keep up.
- The dehumidifier is running too often: Sometimes the dehumidifier may run its cycle too often and result in ineffective dehumidification. If you suspect this is the problem, try resetting the humidistat and see if the moisture dissipates.
In Need of Professional HVAC Service? Schedule an Appointment online or call (888) 572-7245.
How Can I Fix My AC Not Removing Humidity?
Curing an inadequate dehumidifier can usually be done relatively simply, with just a little research and DIY magic. Here are a few ways you can remedy the humidity yourself:
- Start by checking that the air conditioner is running appropriately by checking that the temperature is dropping normally as the system runs.
- Check the source of the moisture to make sure that nothing strange is lurking within the system. A leak, for example, can easily be causing moisture to find its way into your home and cause excess humidity.
- If there is no excess source of moisture to be found, try adjusting the settings on your dehumidifier to increase the level of dehumidification.
When to Call a Professional
If you’ve tried to remove excess humidity from your home to no avail, call the experts at Climate Design. It’s possible that your air conditioning system may be too large for your dehumidifier or you could have excess water seeping into your home, so call a professional today to discuss your options. One of our trained technicians will be able to quickly and effectively diagnose and repair any issues and get your home back to feeling comfortable. Learn more about Climate Design and how we can help your home feel its best, contact us today.