Many homeowners don’t bother to worry about their air conditioner’s maintenance until after there is a problem. After all, their AC is out of sight and out of mind, right? Why should they bother with regular AC maintenance anyway?
It’s actually vital that your AC system is professionally cleaned and inspected twice a year. This is why Climate Design offers a comprehensive 26-point tune-up. Learn how AC maintenance can benefit your air conditioner.
What is a 26-Point Tune-up?
When a Climate Design technician comes to your house for a maintenance check up, they do a thorough inspection of your unit. To ensure everything is working correctly, they have a 26-point system of checking your AC:
- Clean outdoor coil
- Clean indoor coil (if accessible)
- Check safety controls
- Check operating pressures
- Check starting capabilities
- Clean or replace filter (excluding space guard or perfect fit)
- Meg compressor windings
- Check and adjust blower components
- Clean drain line
- Wax outdoor unit
- Check for correct airflow
- Check for proper temperature difference
- Check wiring connections
- Check heating elements
- Lubricate all moving parts
- Check t-stat calibration
- Check for mold and mildew
- Remove debris from bottom of outdoor unit
- Check static pressure
- Check indoor humidity
- Check float switch
- Visually inspect for Freon leaks
- Visually inspect for rust
- Flush out drain pan
- Check combustion if applicable
- Tighten all Freon connections
How Your AC Benefits From a 26-Point Tune-up
Every HVAC system should have two maintenance checkups a year, one in the fall and one in the spring. This ensures your system is ready for the two most extreme seasons, winter and summer. However, it’s about more than just preparing your system. Regular maintenance checkups benefit your system in many ways, including:
- Lower electricity bills
- Improved air quality
- Less system breakdowns
- Lengthened unit life
- Improved home comfort
Schedule Your Spring Maintenance Today!
Having a professional maintenance your AC twice a year will greatly improve your home’s comfort. So what are you waiting for? Spring will be here fast, and you want to make sure your AC unit is ready for summer! Call Climate Design and schedule your 26-point spring tune-up today!