Climate Design is a great place to work!
Why? Because we are passionate about what we do. At Climate Design, we get the chance to make people’s lives a little better every day, one air conditioning & heating unit at a time. It’s our team that makes this possible.
- Service Technician
- Installation Technician
We are always on the look out for passionate and talented people. We can’t wait to meet you and see if we are a good match for each other!
The service technician is required to have the following qualifications:
- Ability to read and interpret writing diagrams and blueprints.
- Be familiar with a wide range of equipment and troubleshooting techniques.
- Experience making repair and replace decisions.
- Advanced customer service skills.
- Acquire NATE certification.
- Demonstrate willingness to accept responsibility and leadership roles.
- Knowledge of air balancing principles and techniques.
- All field work.
Climate Design service technicians duties, roles and responsibilities include:
- Provide hand and power tools
- Troubleshooting equipment, make repair and replace decisions
- Perform air balance with velometer or hood and recognize when and what problems exist from the test.
- Layout, design, and install low voltage wiring.
- Verify and coordinate HVAC building code compliance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Communicated clearly, the ideas and explanations of problems to customers and coworkers.
- Train, instruct and over see other employees*.
- Enroll preventative maintenance agreements.
- Calculate equipment efficiency.
- Converse with building and homeowners, general contractors, referring questions and/or problems to supervisor.
- Maintain professional appearance and attitude at all times.
- Run after hours calls as required.
The basic function of the installation technician (mechanic) is to properly install residential/commercial HVAC equipment assigned to him/her by the Installation Manager. They are responsible for maintaining the quality of their work up to acceptable company standards and for representing the company in a manager that promotes good relations.
Climate Design installation technicians are required to have the following qualifications:
- Good mechanical ability.
- EPA certification or be working towards NATE certification.
- Ability to represent Climate Design in a professional manner with customers, vendors, staff and the general public.
- Must have required tools.
- Work well under pressure.
- Must have valid drivers’ license and a good driving record.
- Ability to handle difficult customer issues.
- Adaptability – the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, managers competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Good communicator – works well with different customers and office personnel personality styles.
- Ability to direct and train helpers..
The installation technicians duties, roles and responsibilities include:
- Install equipment properly the first time at a customer’s location.
- Be neat and clean at all times keeping the truck and equipment the same.
- Attend all training classes and seminars to keep your expertise upgraded in the field.
- Adhering to proper procedures in the use of paperwork (work order, return material tags, etc.).
- Take direction regarding scheduling from installation manager.
- Keep the Installation Manager informed at all times as to your location.
- Follow through on job problems.
- Turn in all paperwork to office making sure it is filled out completely and accurately in the field.
- Responsible for having all minimum required stock on truck at all times.
- Other tasks as requested by the Operations Manager or CEO
At Climate Design, we value our team of passionate and hardworking employees, which is why we offer generous benefits for each of our team members. As a Climate Design employee, here are some of the benefits you’ll receive:
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- Commissions available
- Generous yearly bonuses available
- Savings programs
- Vacation time accrued
- Paid holidays
- Top-notch safety equipment
- Employee Stock Ownership programs
We Value Diversity
Climate Design supports workplace diversity. We do not discriminate on the base of race, religion, color, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class in employment matters.
How do I apply
Do you think you would be a good fit for our fun and dynamic team? We would love to hear from you. Follow the simple steps below to apply for any available position.
- Familiarize yourself with what we do by reviewing our website at ClimateDesign.com
- Send us a PDF of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or fill out this form below to apply:
[iphorm id=”7” name=”Job Application“]